🏁💱🚦🚘🇪🇬 As the Egyptian government declared an increase in fuel prices for the last and final hike after removing all subsidies, the taxi fares in the capital, Cairo, have been affected.
⛽🛢️ For the fuel prices (all in Egyptian pounds L.E.), the new ones are as follows:
|Fuel Type||Unit||Current New Price (L.E.)||Previous Price (L.E.)|
|95 octane gasoline||Litre||9||7.75|
|92 octane gasoline||Litre||8||6.75|
|80 octane gasoline||Litre||6.75||5.5|
🚘 The new taxi tariffs are as follows:
- Start of fare: 7 Egyptian Pounds for 1 KM ride (previously was 6 L.E.)
- Extra kilometers price: 3 Egyptian Pounds per KM (previously was 2.5 L.E.)
- Cost of waiting (including traffic during ride): 17 Egyptian Pounds per Hour (about 3 EGP per 10 minutes) NOTE: cost per extra waiting hours increase by 8 Egyptian Pounds per each extra hour. (previously was 16 L.E.)
Check our previous article from 2016 to understand how the taxi tariff system works in Egypt and how to check the fare from the taxi tariff counters.
- Al-Ahram (English): article
- Egypt Today (English): article
- Youm7 (Arabic): article, old prices